I've got so many 'resolutions' this year that I'm bound to mess a few up, but it is definitely time for a bit of a life overhaul, so here goes:
1. I'd like to knit myself at least a couple of garments this year. I have a tendency to knit for the babies and little people in my life and I think it's time this year to put my knitting skills to a more selfish use!
2. When I am knitting for the aforementioned little people, I will try to knit patterns that I haven't used before, to keep learning new skills.
3. I have some beautiful yarn in my Stash (Tosh Sock, I'm looking at you!) and this year I want to spend time knitting it into beautiful items to be worn, rather than it being hidden away in my stash box.
1. I want to sew garments for myself. I've been blog stalking a few garment sewers this year and have developed a slight obsession with Colette Patterns. It's time I started to try actually making one of these garments, instead of just reading the patterns all the time!
2. I want to make some pretty things for the flat I live in: new cushion covers, a table runner and possibly a quilt for my bed. I got a lovely quilting book for Christmas and am feeling very inspired.
General Life Stuff:
1. I need to eat more healthily and exercise. A year of comfort eating, hormone treatment for endometriosis and a total lack of exercise have had a disastrous effect on my weight and fitness. I need to lose 4 stone (56 lbs). I doubt it can be done in one year, but I am ready to start working on it.
2. The elusive work/life balance. This is a big one for me, I really don't have any balance at all and will drop everything for the sake of my job. I need to put myself, my health, my friends and family first, or at least give them the same attention I give to work.
3. Do things that are outside my comfort zone. I've just turned 31 and should not be spending every evening sitting at home watching TV. I need to get out and socialise, whether that's with friends, my knitting group or at a gym class. Despite my anti-social, shy exterior I actually love meeting people and seeing friends, so I need to do more of it, instead of hibernating on my own.
Finally (phew!), this quote is my inspiration for the new year, courtesy of Eleanor Roosevelt:
'You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. Do the thing you think you cannot do'.
Oh, and obviously I'll be blogging more this year, starting with the 2011 makes that remain unblogged!
Happy New Year, I hope 2012 is a great year for you.